SGSN: write regression tests for Authentication
We need end-to-end tests for the several types of authentication in the SGSN.
#1 Updated by neels about 2 years ago
Test all of these:
- No authentication
- GSM AKA
- UMTS AKA without AUTS sync
- UMTS AKA with AUTS sync
- UMTS AKA in pre-R99 compatibility mode
Having in mind something like the msc_vlr tests where messages are fabricated
from the MS and the HLR sides from hex strings to play through the various cases.
I meant the second from the right, where everything is R99, i.e. UMTS capable, except for the MS.
So both HLR, SGSN and USIM can do UMTS, but the phone ignores / will not send AUTN and XRES.
Another valid variant of this that we see in the field is that the MS is R99, but it actually decides to not do UMTS aka.
So we send out AUTN to it, but it chooses to respond only with an SRES.
See vlr_auth_fsm.c in osmo-msc: auth_fsm_wait_auth_resp() and check_auth_resp().
For tests, see:
- msc_vlr_test_gsm_authen.c, test_gsm_milenage_authen() for pre-R99 with Milenage (UMTS in GSM compat mode)
A log transcript of what happens is in osmo-msc/tests/msc_vlr/msc_vlr_test_gsm_authen.err
- msc_vlr_test_umts_authen.c, test_umts_authen_only_sres_geran(), for an R99 MS responding with GSM AKA.
(shouldn't this issue be "in progress"?)
- Checklist item GSM AKA set to Done
- Checklist item UMTS AKA in pre-R99 compatibility mode set to Done
- UMTS AKA in pre-R99 compatibility mode added is already checked since 0ecb2e351649 ("sgsn: test umts aka with gsm sres response")
[Wed May 2 09:14:36 2018]
test case: SGSN.TC_attach_umts_aka_gsm_sres
- GSM AKA is checked by:
test case: SGSN.TC_attach