- Table of contents
Initially we started to cover a couple of retronetworking topics at the OsmoDevCall, but it really made sense to run the pure retro related topics as a separate series of events. In October 2022, we forked the Retro Net working Call format from OsmoDevCall.
The format serves two major purposes:
- technical presentations about retronetworking relevant topics - ideally current/recent developments
- can be pre-recorded to avoid any problems with technical setup, streaming, ...
- should ideally have a Q+A session at their initial "airing" during one OsmoDevCall
- unstructured supplementary social event (USSE)
- random chat in audio (optionally video)
- not recorded, obviously
Not every RetroNetCall would necessarily need the two parts, but I think it would be great if we can make that happen.
Wednesday evening, 8pm CET (winter) / CEST (summer), every 1st Wednesday of the month
The next couple of events hence are:
- Wednesday, December 6th, 2023: a tour of DIVF, our OCTOI central office using yate, dahdi-trunkdev&co
- Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024
- Wednesday, February 7th, 2024
- Wednesday, March 6th, 2024
Venue / Platform¶
The URL to join the meeting is https://osmocom.org/RetroNetCall
There currently is no password or authentication, we try to welcome anyone. If this turns out to be a problem, we might lock it down in the future, let's hope that's not required.
Video Recordings of talks¶The recording of the technical presentation are made available. The recordings can be found
- at https://media.ccc.de/c/retronetcall (Video hosting platform of the Chaos Computer Club)
- via our @firstname.lastname@example.org PeerTube channel
- as file downloads in several formats at https://downloads.osmocom.org/videos/retronetcall/ (linked from table below)
Topics (for the "presentation" part)¶
This is a wishlist of future topics for the "presentation" part:
|Topic||Possible Speaker||Tentative Date|
|A tour of DIVF, our OCTOI central office using yate, dahdi-trunkdev and mire||laforge||2023-12-06|
|The X.25 Packet Switched Network|
|Analog Telephone Modems and towards a 2022 OSHW softmodem||laforge + tnt|
|ISDN: Differences DSS1 <-> 1TR6|
|X.31: Two flavours of X.25 over ISDN|
|H.221: The first step into ISDN video calls (H.320)|
|HDLC World Domination (history of HDLC)|
We'll move the events from the above table to here once they have happened.
|TDM, E1, PDH, SDH, STM-1 and Pseudowires||laforge||2021-11-12||H.264 VP9|
|iceE1usb in practice||tnt||2021-11-12||H.264 VP9|
|Retronetworking: V5 interfaces in ISDN/PSTN||laforge||2021-12-28||H.264 VP9|
|Osmocom Community TDMoIP (OCTOI)||laforge||2022-04-29||H.264 VP9|
|OCTOI project status update||laforge||2022-11-09||H.264 VP9|
|ISDN B-Channel protocols (X.75, V.120, V.110, T.70, ...)||laforge||2022-12-07||H.264 VP9|
|Datex-L: The German CSPDN (Circuit Switched Public Data Network)||laforge||2023-02-01||H.264 AV1|
|Introduction to the X.21 synchronous serial interface||laforge||2023-03-01||H.264 AV1|
|E1: The analog side (part 1)||tnt||2023-05-04||H.264 AV1|
|Teletex: The brief abandoned step between Telex and Telefax||laforge||2023-06-07||H264 AV1|
|Teletext: A digital medium transcending a factor of 10⁶ in technical progress||casandro||2023-07-05||H264 AV1|
Code of Conduct¶
The existing Code_of_Conduct of our previous physical / on-site / presence meetings applies.