- Table of contents
- Cisco AS5400
This is a modular access server for voice, data (ISDN) and modem calls. It has a modular archticture and there are a variety of suitable modules.
The System consists of a Mainboard, a backplane and three trays. Each of the three Trays can house two modules. The mainboard also directly houses one module.
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet: Broadcom BCM5481
- 1x coaxial BITS (timing): Dallas DS2
- 1x Marvell GT-96124-B-2 F55551.0
- Altera Cyclone EP1C4F400C8
- Xilinx Spartan XC2S300E
- PI7C8150 PCI bridge (module to backplane)
- PI7C8150 PCI bridge (CPU to backplane)
- PI7C8150 PCI bridge (unused PCI slot)
- 1x unknown under natural color heatsink
- 1x unknown under black anodized heatsink (700-09863-01 REV A0 / VETTE 0824)
- CompactFlash slot with 128MB CF card
- Memory slot holding STEC STM122116RT 512MB 2R8 PC2700E CL2.5-3-3 RAM
The tray has one connection to the backplane, and two proprietary high-density connectors for the two modules.
The central TDM component on the Tray is the Zarlink MT90866 2432x2432 non-blocking digital switch with H.110 interface (data sheet see MT90866.pdf.
Each module's PCI bus is bridged to the backplane PCI using a Pericum PI7C8150 2-port PCI-to-PCI Bridge (data sheet see PI7C8150.pdf)
This module is built around 18x Conexant/Mindspeed RL56CSMV/6 chips (data sheet see RL56CSMV_6.pdf). Each of the chips features its own MT48LC4M16A2 RAM chip. Internally, each of those chips contains an ARM core for management, and six Digital Data Pump dies.
Interfacing with the backplane is done via 3x Intel i960.
This module is the little brother of the NP108. It is built around 10x Conexant/Mindspeed RL56CSMV/6 chips (data sheet see RL56CSMV_6.pdf). Each of the chips features its own MT48LC4M16A2 RAM chip. Internally, each of those chips contains an ARM core for management, and six Digital Data Pump dies.
Interfacing with the backplane is done via 2x Intel i960.
Trunk interface modules¶
This is an 8x PRI (E1/T1) interface.
Each PRI interface has its own EMI / overvoltage / transforer section, followed by a Mindspeed Bt8370KPF E1/Ta transceiver (datasheet see Bt8370KPF.pdf). The main CPU is an MPC860 PowerPC, interfaced via a PLX PCI9054 PCI bridge (datasheet see PCI9054.pdf).
There are also two PMC FREEDM8 PM7366 Eight Channel Frame Engine and Datalink Manager (datasheet see PM7366.pdf).