- Table of contents
- Commercial Support
Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN). As such it implements the GPRS Mobility Management (GMM) and SM (Session Management).The SGSN implements
- the Gb interface to the BSS's (like the OsmoPCU or an ip.access nanoBTS)
- the Gp interface with its GTP protocol to one or more Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN) like OsmoGGSN.
- the IuPS interface with its RANAP protocol to one or more RNCs or HNB-GWs like OsmoHNBGW
- the GSUP Interface/Protocol towards OsmoHLR
Position in a typical Osmocom network¶
For a more complete graph, see Osmocom Network In The Box
Setup / Configuration¶
For more information regarding the setup + configuration, refer to OpenBSC_GPRS
Osmocom provides binary packages for several flavors of Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux on a variety of architectures (i586, x86_64, armhf, armv7l). Unless you are a software developer interested in developing on Osmocom, it is recommended you use those packages instead of building from source.
For more details see Binary_Packages
- User Manual: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmosgsn-usermanual.pdf
- VTY Reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmosgsn-vty-reference.pdf
The source code is available from
Public read-only access is available via
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sgsn.git
You can browse it via cgit: https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sgsn
Contributions are welcome via Gerrit.
Test Suite¶We have a TTCN-3 test suite as part of our Titan_TTCN3_Testsuites
- source code: http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/tree/mgw
- results: https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/TTCN3/job/ttcn3-mgw-test/
Contact / Getting Help¶
Contact us via the
osmocom-net-gprs mailing list, see Mailing Lists.
You can file issues (bugs / feature requests) using the redmine project you're currently viewing.
For details see the Issue tracker above. Roughly, the following areas are in need of attention:
- secondary PDP contexts
- persistent storage of GMM and SM state
- recovery from GGSN outages
- SMS delivery via GPRS
- network-initiated PDP context activation
Commercial support as well as development, system integration and training services for this project are available from sysmocom