IPv6 User Plane¶
- OpenGGSN currently can only operate either an IPv4 pool or an IPv6 pool. If you need both, you will have to either
- You must allocate a dynamic IP address pool sufficiently large, as every PDP context gets its own /64 prefix. So a /56 prefix gives you 256 /64 prefixes, i.e. 256 PDP contexts
- IPv6 is only supported on the user plane, not on the outer (GTP transport) layer between SGSN and GGSN!
- Linux Kernel_GTP does not support IPv6 at this point, so you will have to handle GTP-U in OpenGGSN
- See https://osmocom.org/issues/2418 for example config files and pcap traces
- See http://laforge.gnumonks.org/blog/20170809-osmocom-ipv6 about technical background