Accelerate3g5 -- unrznbl¶
Just one: <email@example.com>.
I camp on freenode IRC #osmocom so feel free to get on there and ask a question. Might take a day or two for someone to reply but if you stay on they usually will answer.
- Help with documentation, testing, troubleshooting via email/irc.
- Research and develop 3G baseband on mediatek chips
- Test postmarketos/ofono on Moto E (surnia) and LG Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
- Play around with qualcomm quectel modules
- debian linux
- EC20 module
- iPhone 4
- various other 3G+ phones to test with
- ZTE Obsidian phone - MT6735 - GSM, UMTS, GPRS, HSPA+, HSUPA, TD-SCDMA, EVDO, LTE Cat 4 (based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaTek)
- finally got voice working! One simple config change was all that was needed
Oct 30 12:16:18 nitb osmo-msc: <0023> mgcp_client.c:701 Failed to read: r=192.168.1.118:2427<->l=192.168.1.118:2727: 111='Connection refused' Oct 30 12:16:20 nitb osmo-msc: <0023> mgcp_client.c:701 Failed to read: r=192.168.1.118:2427<->l=192.168.1.118:2727: 111='Connection refused'
and so just had to change osmo-mgw.cfg so that msc could talk to it
mgcp bind ip 192.168.1.118
and voila! voice! :)
- resolved osmo-msc not starting due to distribution versions of osmo vty and ctrl, once updated to Latest osmo repo versions, osmo-msc starts
- next step: get 3g data working
- excited to test lots of phones, especially postmarketos: samsung klte, motorola osprey, lg hammerhead, motorola surnia
- wrote some CFEngine policy to setup raspberry pi as nitb
- struggled with NTP issues for a while but finally after some good config and a nano3g reboot things are connected!
- trying to make calls/send SMS fails right now. Will email mailing list with logs and config to get some clues
- really need this network to support my testing of ofono on postmarketos on hammerhead (LG Nexus 5) and my fork of termux-api which supports sms/mms
- plan on trying to find some open source MMS gateway to integrate with osmocom nitb (as mentioned previous update)
- will try and publish the CFEngine policy and write a blog post about the experience
- restarting my efforts to use this setup. Working on a raspberry pi with packages to setup 3g network for
- wireless connectivity between a kindle DX and other devices in the home
- testing sms/mms/group/image/attachements with my hack for command line support in termux android app: https://github.com/craigcomstock/termux-api/tree/smsmms-send-receive
- will need to find something for MMS on the backend
- hope to have 2-3 devices working with linux/ofono/postmarketos to test with
- surnia (MSM8916 supports mainline but needs device support)
- Alcatel Go Flip (4044W, MSM8909), will work on after surnia mainline is done
- haven't even worked on 2G mediatek baseband/re lately so will tackle that FIRST before getting into 3G
- 10/31/2018 - rebuilt all NITB sources, configured DHCP, NTPD, got ip.access nano3g connected to nitb laptop and able to register phones on network. sms/calls don't work yet. Phones get kicked off periodically.
- 04/19/2017 - built all required projects with a few warnings and details
- TODO - take build notes and suggest changes in docs, fix warnings in builds?
- TODO - finish setting up and run the network
- TODO - test voice, text, data
- TODO - leverage fernly mediatek bootloader and various mediatek baseband sources to create 3G baseband, osmocom-bb?
- TODO - setup EC20 modules and test
https://github.com/unrznbl/osmocom-bb/tree/mtk-layer1 (can boot a simple firmware that only spits out a bit of data on the USB serial port on fernvale)