Organize OsmoDevCon 2024
We already wanted to re-start 2023 but somehow I didn't manage to ever find the time and energy to do it. But let's make sure we definitely have an OsmoDevCon in 2024 again.
The date and venue are still TBD, as is pretty much anything else.
- receive hotel feedback on 10 questions sent Feb 20
- invite various contributors who're not part of the "usual suspects"
- remind people to submit proposals to CfP
- finalize list of attendees / dates after March 1st
- visit venue to clarify ethernet, power, projector, etc.
- confirm daily schedule of breaks + food with hotel
- add details of meals to schedule
- Status changed from New to In Progress
See https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/TALIXOQXWNMMJM2HIPWW2IAKTAKJJSLX/ for the first "offical" post about OsmoDevCon 2024, solicitating some feedback about my idea to move to an integrated hotel + event venue.
Venue candidates¶some internal notes of potential venues:
(all 3 above not too far from the BER airport nor from Berlin)
We might also be able to inquire with https://www.linuxhotel.de/ and might get some preferential rates (their published "FOSS project" offers only apply to the weekend, not to our additional two days). On the other hand, it's probably more difficult to reach for international attendees, and of course anything close to berlin is easier for me organization/preparation wise, or also to get equipment to, ...
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I've sent inquiries to two conference hotels, awaiting their response. In parallel, I've also inquired with IN-Berlin regarding their room.
In terms of dates, I'm pretty settled on May 3rd through 6th - that's what I've inquired with the venues.
- % Done changed from 10 to 30
Ok, so I received a positive repsonse from https://berlin.vandervalk.de/ - we'd have until March 6th to decide and confirm the number of rooms required. It's - as expected - not cheap, but I think after so many years and the long break it would be nice to have something special this time around.
I of course hope we can find some other sponsors, but in the worst case, sysmocom is prepared to cover the cost.
I'm also in conversation with IN-Berlin as a back-up/alternative in our traditional venue. They have asked me to visit them tomorrow night to discuss details and get final confirmation of what's possible or not.
In any case, everyone should be able to plan at least their travel details now. Accomodation depensd on if we want to go for the conference hotel or not. I'll reach out via the mailing list for some more details.
- Checklist item receive hotel feedback on 10 questions sent Feb 20 added
- Checklist item invite various contributors who're not part of the "usual suspects" added
- Checklist item remind people to submit proposals to CfP added
- Checklist item finalize list of attendees / dates after March 1st added
- Checklist item visit venue to clarify ethernet, power, projector, etc. added
- Checklist item confirm daily schedule of breaks + food with hotel added
- Checklist item add details of meals to schedule added
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature