forwarding of TS0 / Alarms
In the current E1oIP PoC code of osmo-e1d, we don't treat TS0 at all. This means that the TS0 signaling (AIS, CRC error, ...) only works on the physical E1 line, but doesn't propagate over IP.
There are multiple approaches to this:
- don't treat TS0 different from any other TS. However, as it keeps changing all the time, we add 64kBps to the base load of every TDMoIP line. Very quick and simple to implement.
- process TS0 locally and have some special-case treatment with explicit signaling/messaging of alarms in the TDMoIP protocol, and then re-create this at the remote end.
types of events to signal¶
- remote end reporting CRC error
- remote alarm indication signal (AIS)
- blue alarm (transmit all-1 signal if we don't receive IP packets anymore)
No data to display