automatize the release process
This is an idea by max: have something like a "make release" that performs all required steps, like
- updating the version number in autoconf
- tagging the release in the git repo
- preparing a release change-log (for human filtering/editing)
- signing the tag (git tag -s)
- signign the release (pgp)
- uploading it?
- posting a news item on osmoocm.org?
#2 Updated by msuraev over 1 year ago
- Checklist item improve robustness to handle mixed projects added
- Checklist item make sure all libraries have LIBVERSION added
- Checklist item make sure all projects use release helper set to Done
All remaining patches which add support for release helper were merged. Gerrit 3817 was sent for review with minor improvements.Based on the feedback in ML, remaining items are:
- improve robustness to handle repos which contain both some library and non-library code
- clarify wiki docs