OsmoMGW, the Osmocom Media Gateway, is a Media Gateway for handling user plane (voice) traffic in cellular networks.
At the moment (October 2017), OsmoMGW only implements RTP proxy / RTP bridge type endpoints, to each of which two RTP connections can be established.We are planning to add endpoint types for
- classic E1/T1 timeslots (64kBps alaw/ulaw)
- classic E1/T1 16k sub-slots with TRAU frames for classic BTS support
- announcement/playout end-points
- conference endpoints
OsmoMGW is the generalized version of an earlier much more special-purpsoe implementation called osmo-bsc_mgcp.
Situation in a typical Osmocom cellular network¶
It is Planned to use OsmoMGW also from OsmoMSC like this:
Osmocom provides binary packages for several flavors of Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux on a variety of architectures (i586, x86_64, armhf, armv7l). Unless you are a software developer interested in developing on Osmocom, it is recommended you use those packages instead of building from source.
For more details see Binary_Packages
- osmo-mgw user manual: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmomgw-usermanual.pdf
- osmo-mgw VTY reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmomgw-vty-reference.pdf
The source code is available from
Public read-only access is available via
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-mgw.git
You can browse it via cgit: https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-mgw
Contributions are welcome via Gerrit.
Test Suite¶We have a TTCN-3 test suite as part of our Titan_TTCN3_Testsuites
- source code: http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/tree/mgw
- results: https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/TTCN3/job/ttcn3-mgw-test/
- Contact us via the openbsc@ mailing list, see Mailing Lists.
- Contributions are welcome via Gerrit.
- Git repository browser at https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-mgw
Commercial support as well as development, system integration and training services for this project are available from sysmocom