Ericsson RBS 6000 architecture¶The Ericsson RBS 6000 architecture consists of many different modules, roughly split into two parts:
- Digital Unit (baseband)
- Radio Unit (ADC/DAC/PA/Duplexer/Diversity/...)
The two units are interconnected via CPRI using SFP Transceivers (typically fiber optic based). As far as we know, for GSM the CPRI line speed is 2.5Gbps.
A single Digital Unit can drive multiple Radio Units (typically up to 6).
GSM support in RBS6xxx¶
- DUG 10 (Digital Unit GSM) for up to 12 TRX using RUG
- DUG 20 (Digital Unit GSM) for up to 12 TRX using RUS or RRUS
- DUL 20 (Digital Unit LTE) using RUS or RRUS
- DUS 30 for up to 12 TRX using RUS or RRUS
- DUS 31 for up to 24 TRX using RUS or RRUS (12 TRX in mixed mode LTE + GSM)
- DUS 41 for up to 48 TRX using RUS or RRUS (12 TRX in mixed mode LTE + GSM)
- RUG (Radio Unit GSM) for 2 GSM TRX
- RUS (Radio Unit SDR) for 4 GSM TRX (or 3G/4G with DUW/DUL)
- RRUS (Remote Radio Unit SDR) for 4 GSM TRX (or 3G/4G with DUW/DUL)