At 28c3, the OsmoSDR team was busy verifying the hardware design on the first prototypes.
The result can be summarized as:
- SAM3U is working, enumerates on USB and can be programmed via SAM-BA
- E4K tuner driver is working
- Si570 driver is working
- FPGA can be flashed via JTAG bit-banging from SAM3U
- FPGA and SAM3U can speak via SPI
However, there are at least two bugs:
- USB socket footprint pin-out was mirrored
- clock output level of Si570 doesn't match FPGA clock input specs (amplitude too low)
The issues have been worked around, and firmware + FPGA development has made progress.