set up raspi4 build slave for jenkins
given the long standing OS#3061 and lack of progress in upstream, we decided to avoid cross-compilation and add a raspi4 based build slave to jenkins.
I ordered a raspi4 with 4GB and 64GB high-performance uSD card as well as a power supply and a large heatsink with fan.
Please assemble the unit and install raspbian 10 on it. I would argue it could go in our enclosd 19" rack next to the firewall, in the "osmocom jenkins reachable" vlan.
Once there is my ssh key on it, I'm happy to try running our normal build-slave ansible playbook against it and check if any x86/arm specifics need t obe ironed out there.
- physical assembly of unit
- installation of raspbian 10
- connection to osmocom-jenkins-vlan (record IP address here)
- installation of build dependencies (try ansible)
- integration as slave with jenkins
#2 Updated by laforge about 2 months ago
- Checklist item physical assembly of unit set to Done
- Checklist item installation of raspbian 10 set to Done
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
unit has been assembled; raspi 10 image with default password is installed. Please take it from there, it's on your desk.
I've added a debian9 lxc container (deb9build-ansible) just like on the other (x86) slaves, it is reachable at 10.9.25.51.
The playbook is currently being installed. let's see how it goes. If I can make it complete, we can add it as a new build slave to jenkins. However, we must be careful to ensure not every random build job ends up on this slave. We will have docker etc. available, but I'm sure we don't want to start building everything on that poor little machine.
pespin, it will be up to you to make use of this new slave, IIRC this was about building osmo-trx or osmo-bts-trx?
I'll update this ticket once my ansible-playbook-deployment looks complete.
- Checklist item installation of build dependencies (try ansible) set to Done
- Checklist item integration as slave with jenkins set to Done
- Assignee changed from laforge to pespin
The slave is now reachable from jenkins, see https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/computer/rpi4-deb9build-ansible/ - handing over to pespin