RLL/LAPDm ABM has no TTCN3 tests
While we test pretty much all parts of RSL, the RLL part (controlling the LAPDm instances) currently doesn't have a lot of testing yet.What we test so far:
- establish indication
- establish request
- release indication
- release request
- unit data indication
- init data request
But what's missing is the part dealing with LAPDm while it is established, including segmentation/reassembly, acknowledgements, re-transmission, ...
- 220.127.116.11 N(S) sequence error
- 18.104.22.168 N(R) sequence error
- 22.214.171.124 Improper F bit
- 25.2.7 Test on receipt of invalid frames
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 70
there's a variety of tests now in BTS_Tests_LAPDm.ttcn.
They will be enabled in the jenkins builds once https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/docker-playground/+/14376 is merged.
- Checklist item 126.96.36.199 N(S) sequence error added
- Checklist item 188.8.131.52 N(R) sequence error added
- Checklist item 184.108.40.206 Improper F bit added
- Checklist item 25.2.7 Test on receipt of invalid frames added
- Assignee changed from laforge to Hoernchen
- Spec Reference set to 3GPP TS 51.010-1 Section 25.2
I implemented a variety of tests in BTS_Tests_LAPDm, with only four tests remaining TBD. Handing over to @Hoernchen for completing those.
The existing examples should serve as a template. The 3GPP spec references is written for testing the MS side. You have to mirror all communication, as we want to test the BTS. Please note the C/R bits of LAPDm are inverted per direction. However, if you use the symbolic constants like existing test cases you won't have to worry about that.
The L3 payload doesn't matter at all. So if the spec says "send a MM INFO" or watever, it doesn't matter. This is just so that normal phones will react "reasonable" when executing the test against them. As we don't have any L3 but simply attach to RSL/RLL, we can transmitany arbitrary L3 payload.
- % Done changed from 70 to 100