Project

General

Profile

Bug #3986

build process removes doc/vty/{example.xml,vtydoc.xsd}

Added by laforge 7 months ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
05/08/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Spec Reference:

Description

Whenever I build libosmocore, I end up with a dirty working tree where the two files doc/vty/{example.xml,vtydoc.xsd} are removed. AFAIK, this is happening ever since the documentation was moved into the various osmocom sub-projects.

Interestingly, even a "make -j8" is sufficient, I don't even need to do a "make clean"?

steps to reproduce:

$ autoreconf -fi && ./configure
$ make -j8
        deleted:    doc/vty/example.xml
        deleted:    doc/vty/vtydoc.xsd
$ git status

History

#1 Updated by osmith 7 months ago

This is weird, I can not reproduce the bug.

$ autoreconf -fi
$ ./configure
$ make -j8
$ git status                                                          
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working tree clean

Also I can't find anything in the code that would obviously delete those files, I've searched for "xsd" for example.

Regarding the documentation move, since there are no pdf manuals in libosmocore.git, it was barely modified: the only change from #3385 in libosmocore.git is this one: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/libosmocore/+/11739/ (merge_doc.xsl: move to osmo-gsm-manuals.git).

Ideas:
  • Can you reproduce the problem in a fresh checkout of libosmocore.git?
  • If not, would you mind doing a git bisect to find out since which commit this started happening?

#2 Updated by osmith 7 months ago

Also interesting: does this only happen with libosmocore.git, or with other repositories too?

#3 Updated by laforge 7 months ago

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 11:41:01AM +0000, osmith [REDMINE] wrote:

Also interesting: does this only happen with libosmocore.git, or with other repositories too?

I've only seen it in libosmocore.git

#4 Updated by osmith 6 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Stalled

#5 Updated by laforge 6 months ago

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 09:20:12AM +0000, osmith [REDMINE] wrote:

Status changed from New to Stalled

what is happening here? Can you not reproduce the problem?

I still have this issue multiple times on each day on which I'm doing any development
on libosmocore :/

#6 Updated by osmith 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Stalled to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 90

Well, I was not able to reproduce it two months ago (see first comment). But now I've tried it again, and I could reproduce it. This happens during doxygen generation and is a regression from: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/c/libosmocore/+/12774

I think I could not reproduce it earlier, because doxygen generation was not enabled by default. I'm usually building out-of-tree, that's why I did not run into this yet.

Fix submitted:
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/q/topic:%22fix-rm-example-vtydoc%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

#7 Updated by osmith 6 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 90 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 48.8 MB)