SS/USSD: fix SS session inactivity timeout
I just discovered that SS session inactivity timeout is never being rescheduled.
See ss_session_alloc() in 'src/hlr_ussd.c':
osmo_timer_setup(&ss->timeout, ss_session_timeout, ss); /* NOTE: The timeout is currently global and not refreshed with subsequent messages * within the SS/USSD session. So 30s after the initial SS message, the session will * timeout! */ osmo_timer_schedule(&ss->timeout, 30, 0);
The correct behaviour would be to reschedule the timer on any activity.
Also, makes sense to have a possibility to configure this timer from the VTY.
- TTCN-3 test case for NCSS session timeout
- Send NCSS session release notification to both EUSE and OsmoMSC
#1 Updated by fixeria almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/osmo-hlr/+/12022 SS/USSD: fix: properly (re)schedule SS session timeout
TTCN-3 test case is WIP now. Also, as it turns out, the timeout handler
(i.e. ss_session_timeout) doesn't notify neither MSC nor EUSE about session release.
#2 Updated by fixeria almost 2 years ago
- Checklist item TTCN-3 test case for NCSS session timeout added
- Checklist item Send NCSS session release notification to both EUSE and OsmoMSC added
- Status changed from Feedback to Stalled
- % Done changed from 60 to 80
All patches have been merged, but we still missing session release notification and the test case.