Feature #3618: Inter-MSC hand-over support
GSUP protocol extension for inter-MSC HO
Inter-MSC hand-over traditionally requires signalling on the MAP based "E" interface between MSCs. As OsmoMSC doesn't have MAP, we have to add the related bits to GSUP.
This includes the questions on how to represent the equivalent to the persistent TCAP dialogue that exists throughout a call in MAP. It also includes the question on how to identify the target MSC, and how to route the message to a given destination MSC (via OsmoHLR as GSUP router).
- extend GSUP message specification with new messages / IEs as required
- describe signaling by means of message sequence charts
- specify representation of MSC addresses and routing in OsmlHLR
- implement new message types + IEs in GSUP_Types.ttcn
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to neels
- Priority changed from Normal to High
Looks like a duplicate issue was created in #3774, and we have only updated that one.
The last status from my end was, that I've submitted a patch for the GSUP messages and addressed the review points. It was not merged yet, because Neels said:
In general, I would like to keep this patch unmerged before I have osmo-msc's inter-MSC HO pretty much complete and working. Likely more insights and needs about the protocol will arise from chiseling out the details. But it would be nice to continue the review process nevertheless; just not merge it yet (so we don't need to worry about api compat later).
So I've looked into other tasks in the meantime.
Can I close this issue and add the checklist items to the other issue's checklist?
#6 Updated by neels about 1 month ago
- Checklist item extend GSUP message specification with new messages / IEs as required set to Done
- Checklist item specify representation of MSC addresses and routing in OsmlHLR set to Done
- Checklist item implement new message types + IEs in GSUP_Types.ttcn set to Done