Backup rita.osmocom.org to sysmocom's backup system
The existing backup is to my personal NAS but due to my current housing situation it can't be powered 24/7 which means backups might not be current. It is better to backup to an offsite system that is always reachable.
The current set-up consists out of:
- A OpenVPN server on rita.osmocom.org (backup-openvpn)
- The remote NAS using OpenVPN client to connect to backup-openvpn
/root/backup/backup_osmocom.shis executed by cron
I think to migrate to rsnapshot we would need:
- Decide if the sysmocom-backup uses OpenVPN client or we are using the existing jenkins<->sysmocom link?
- Convert backup_osmocom.sh to something usable by rsnapshot
- Verify it is working?
How can I help? Should I do the config for rsnapshot?
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
this is actually already running, AFAICT. I'm havin trouble getting the crontab to actually execute ("crontab -e" as root on rita and sysmocom-admin), and I haven't yet tested to restore any of those backups, but at least a big step is already done.
Note to myself. "rs-backup" was configured to connect to 10.9.25.1 at sysmocom. Using this IPv4 address piggy-backed the VPN set-up to allow Jenkins to connect to the GSM tester at sysmocom. I assume when jenkins was moved to another machine this VPN was manually shutdown and hence broke the back-up.
Looks like someone stopped an OpenVPN instance?
824 13:54 cd /usr/local/etc/openvpn/ 826 13:54 cat openvpn.conf 829 14:04 c64 ; 1 ; 2 ; 6 ; 9 ; 15 ; 18 ; 21 ; 22cat openvpn.conf 830 14:04 cat openvpn.conf 832 14:07 cat openvpn.conf 835 14:12 ./openvpn stop 841 15:01 cd openvpn