vty reference manuals are lacking node name/description
libosmocore/doc/vty/merge_doc.xsl works fine for merging in additional description or other elements for "commands", but it seems to fail for "nodes".
This results in section headings and descriptions missing, see e.g. the OsmoGGSN/vty/ggsn_vty_additions.xml or the same for SGSN and all other programs.
I'm not entirely sure if it was ever working, but in any case it needs to be fixed one way or another. I'm not good with XSLT. Feel free to ask around in the sysmocom team who feels most confident about this in case of questions.
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
The merge_doc.xsl fix is fairly trivial https://gerrit.osmocom.org/5250 but also required (or at least suggested) regenerating the GGSN VTY reference.
Various spin-off patches are now submitted on gerrit, which can be considered part of this weeks' "documentation thursday" that still had some hours pending for me.
- % Done changed from 90 to 70
all libosmocore changes are merged for this, yet we still need to re-generate the VTY references in osmo-gsm-manuals.git for those to take effect (manual process of updating the xml files from VTY output). So let me actually roll the percentage back a litte. OsmoGGSN is already completed, that's what I tested the new code with.
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 70 to 100
I have updated the vty references two months ago: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/q/branch:master+topic:vty-ref