SMSC: ESME sending an sms with registered_delivery=0x01 not receiving delivery_sn message
While writing osmo-gsm-tester smpp test to check use of Store&Forward mode, I run into the following scenario:
- Core network + BTS is turned on, no MS available yet
- An esme connects to the SMSC, and sends an SMS ("submit_sm" message with mode="Store&Forward" and registered_delivery=0x01) to an MS which is still not registered into the network.
- Power on the MS, it registers with the network
- The MS receives the stored SMS
- NO Delivery Receipt is received at the ESME side
The ESME should receive a Delivery Receipt (deliver_sm message) as shown in SMPP Protocol Reference v3.4: "Figure 2-7: Typical SMPP sequence for a registered store and forward message".
#4 Updated by pespin over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from pespin to neels
Test passes on smpp suite, but it still fails on aoip_smpp, probably because the fork of osmo-msc from osmo-nitb still doesn't include latest patches applied recently in osmo-nitb.
Assigning to Neels as he may provide better feedback on what's needed to have this fixed in AoIP builds.
#6 Updated by neels over 1 year ago
The most recent patches are now applied to osmo-msc.git master.
Instead of applying the SMPP fixes to openbsc.git's aoip branch, we should move osmo-gsm-tester to the new osmo-msc.git repository for the AoIP builds.
We could do so now using the pre_release branch, but when the last eight patches waiting on gerrit are merged we can use master.