osmo-gsm-tester: store properly coredump files when a process crashes
When a process crashes (both on main unit or on the BTS), we should be able to record the details and store the coredump in the run directory of the trial.
- Configure the main unit correctly (ulimit, etc.) to output the core dump in the run directory of the crashed process, together with its stderr and stdout files.
- Same for the BTs + scp it back to the trial directory in the main unit.
- Extra: Add python code to automatically open the dump file and print a backtrace + other interesting stuff.
This can be tested apparently by sending a SIGQUIT signal to a process: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6561194/force-a-core-to-dump-from-an-active-normally-running-program-on-freebsd
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
I verified that crash dumps are working correctly. I added some bits to osmo-gsm-tester manuals which were missing.
I had a brief look at automatically dumping the backtrace with gdb but doesn't seem to have high priority as anyway we have all binaries available in the tar.gz and can be easily debugged at any time.